Monday, March 28, 2011

Hurry up Chompers!

This weekend was CRAZY!  Friday night Mallorie decided that she wanted to be super cranky and not go to bed.  This is not like her at all.  Normally she do the same bedtime routine and it works great she is sleeping within about 30 minutes and she sleeps all night, but not Friday.  She was up about every 40 minutes.  then we would hold and rock with her and she would fall asleep but when we put her back in her crib she would sleep about 40 minutes and then wake up screaming.  She also had a stuffy nose, but no fever.  She was also drooling a lot so I think she is really teething now.  We had her on motrin/Ibprophen for pain.  Then at about 3:30 am I asked My hubby to run to Walgreen's (drugstore) and get some baby Oragel.  Then she slept for 2 hours. 

I then had to go to my parents house because my mom and I were throwing a surprise baby shower for my sister-in-law.  So I have to pack her up and take her along.  She did really good I was happy.  She even took a close to 2 hour nap at my parents house.  She did better Saturday night.  I went through the bedtime routine but she just was not ready.  I finally put her in her crib and turned on the lullaby machine and hoped that she would go to sleep.  I heard her for about 15 minutes but then she got quiet.  I went to check on her and she was out.  I then went up to bed.  Then next time I heard her was at 4 am.  Brad got up with her.  he gave her more Motrin and gave her part of a bottle and she went back to sleep.  He also fell asleep in the chair with her until about 6 am.

Sunday was a MUCH better day.  She would not just start to cry at random times and she was much happier.  She was back to herself again.  Because I had to take a nap before going into work Brad put it her bed.  I woke up at 9 pm when he came up to bed and she was out.  I pray that things are getting better for her and that she is feeling better.  We will see how daycare goes today!  (fingers crossed) Mallorie has never been sick so it is really hard to see her under the weather like this.  I know that everyone has to go through it but it hard to watch.  I have heard that Oragel is not good for babies, I have heard to try cold or frozen fruit in the mesh bags feeders and that many other tricks.  Like Hyland tablets. (they numb the mouth I guess I have not tried them.) What are some tricks that you have used?

No comments:

Post a Comment