Thursday, October 4, 2012

Busy Bottle

***I am not sure if this is the right name for this project but it is what we call it.***

So Mallorie no longer goes into Nursery at church.  It just was not working out and she would just cry and work herself up to the point of almost getting sick.  So about 3 months ago we started taking her into church with us and it is honestly going well but we are always looking for QUIET toys and books for her to play with in church.  The other day I came across a pin on Pinterest and thought... I need to do that.  Basically it is just a water bottle with little trinkets in it.  Here is a photo tutorial for you!

 First I had her drink some of the water from the bottle.
(she spilled so much water I had to change her shirt!)

I got a bunch of left over buttons, sequins, googly eyes, and scrapbook stuff and let Mallorie pick what she wanted to put in.
Here she is picking out her "Prettys"

 She had a lot of fun putting everything in the bottle!



A friend of ours came over to pick put some tools from my husband and their son Elliott was with him.  He is 3 1/2 and also made one.  He LOVED it too.


Here is Mallorie's finished busy bottle.  She found some tiny string of pearls that she HAD to have in there and I think it turned out great.















I tried to get a good picture of her holding it but that would not happen.  If you notice it is tucked under her arm.  and this is her saying "CHEESE!!!" every time I held up the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea! I've done something similar where you put bird seed in and then some trinkets like you used. Then they can roll it around to find their hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete