Sunday, November 28, 2010

Feelin Crafty Friday (a day late)

Feeling Crafty Friday

I have been so busy at work that I have not had anytime to keep up on my blog,  I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving.  This past week I made someting that I have been wanting to make for a while.  I am not sure why i put it off until know.  I love how they turned out.  I made Mallorie leg warmers, or baby legs!

Here is my first attempt at a tutorial.  I followed along with this link but did it a little different with it came to the stiching.  Here is the link.

First cut the foot part of the sock off so you have just the long part of the sock.

The strech the cut end of the sock over the sewing machine.  Sew a tight zig-zag ont he edge of the sock.  Now mine did not turn out as ruffled as the tutorial I followed so I ended up just sewing it straight so that it would not fray.  Then when I put them on her I put the sewed part to the top and let the orignial finished part show.

Here they are all finished. 

Mommy's little model


I also made a pink pair for her!  I love them and they are so easy! I think I have a new addiction

1 comment:

  1. They look great! I found that if I used a tighter zigzag and stretched the sock more, it ruffled more. However, that only worked with the more expensive socks.

    Thanks Kalli!

    ReplyDelete